DATA & REPORTING ASSOCIATE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Parent Possible equips parents with the tools and information to be their child’s most valuable teacher, trainer, and mentor in life. We promote and oversee delivery of three proven parent engagement programs, providing access and support, ensuring efficacy and impact, and advocating and collaborating with early childhood partners across the state.
Parent Possible is seeking a Data & Reporting Associate to assist with supporting our Parents as Teachers (PAT) and Home Instruction for Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) program sites across the state as well as our data collection, analyses, and program evaluation processes. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, clear communication, and an interest in working with data, along with a passion for our mission of supporting communities and families. This position reports to the Director of Reporting & Evaluation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand reporting requirements of state and federal funders to both be able to compile accurate reports and to support PAT and HIPPY program sites in understanding the requirements.
- With the support the Data & Reporting Manager, complete monthly and quarterly PAT and HIPPY program site and aggregate reports required by state and federal funders e.g. HRSA’s MIECHV program and the Colorado Department of Early Childhood.
- Compare and merge data from multiple sources in Microsoft Excel to confirm accuracy of reports.
- Communicate with diverse staff at program sites clearly and with grace to resolve issues identified when compiling reports.
- Work closely with the Director of Reporting & Evaluation and others on the data team to create and distribute other PAT and HIPPY program site reports and data files, as needed.
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from internal and external stakeholders, including executive Parent Possible staff, funders, and state agencies.
- Maintain ongoing communication with program sites that is supportive and fosters collaboration and trust.
- Provide input on evaluation plans of Parent Possible’s programming, including the PAT and HIPPY programs and the Enhanced Home Visiting project.
- Support with PAT and HIPPY overall program evaluation through data management, monitoring, and reporting on all data collection tools. This includes participant surveys, a parent-child observation tool, and a school readiness assessment.
- Monitor PAT and HIPPY program site completion of evaluation tools and update relevant program staff and program sites as needed.
- Clean and process paper surveys administered by PAT and HIPPY program sites. This includes tracking, sorting, preparing, scanning, and quality-checking hundreds of surveys each year.
- Coordinate with Parent Possible staff and an external consultant on the evaluation of the Enhanced Home Visiting project evaluation. This could include adding surveys to the online survey tool Survey Monkey, sending surveys to participants via Survey Monkey, cleaning survey results to send to consultants for analysis, or compiling data from various data collection methods for reporting on project outputs.
- Assist with and support special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Data Management
- Update data collection materials annually, based on feedback from program sites and funder requirements.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization, and reporting.
- Remain up to date on database changes, updates, and reports in order to serve as a resource for Parent Possible and program site staff on efficient and effective data entry and reporting.
- Help identify and troubleshoot data submission errors and database issues.
- Build site capacity for data collection, reporting, and interpretation to improve program quality and site staff’s ability to self-monitor fidelity.
- Contribute to the development of training materials on funder requirements and database use for program site staff.
- Collaborate effectively with Parent Possible colleagues and stakeholders statewide.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to accuracy and detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Self-starter with ability to handle competing priorities, independently manage multiple tasks and projects, and manage time efficiently to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and experience communicating complex requirements clearly to diverse audiences.
- Comfort with working in a hybrid environment, and ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Articulated belief in the mission and programs of Parent Possible, and the ability to quickly learn about the organization’s services and priorities.
- Passionate about data and data quality and understand how it can contribute to effective business operations.
- High level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated experience with data management.
- Experience creating and/or updating data collection forms and templates.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with data.
- Experience with relational database applications.
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, and experience using statistical software such as SPSS, SAS, R, or Stata.
- Experience with Survey Monkey or other online survey platforms.
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
Other Position Information
- Starting salary range is $38,000 – $42,000, commensurate with experience.
- This is a salaried, full-time position with an excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and IRA with 3% employer match from date of hire. Parent Possible also offers paid time off and paid parental leave, summer hours with paid alternating Fridays off June-August, and a paid holiday office closure from December 24th to January 1st.
- Parent Possible is committed to professional development for all staff, including a dedicated professional development budget for each staff member and regular opportunities for training and coaching.
- Parent Possible is a hybrid work environment, with staff working predominately remotely. Generally, there are 1-2 required days per month in the office for staff meetings, staff retreats, or other critical team-based work. All staff are awarded a remote work stipend on hire to support the setup of their home office. A permanent remote position may be considered for this role, but some in-person time in the Parent Possible office will be required.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through December 11, 2022. Finalists for the position will be asked to complete a brief data-related performance task. All Parent Possible employees must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.